Tuesday 8 September 2009

SLOWLY. VERY SLOWLY....

Work on the apartment this year has been going very slowly. We've been away for almost 2 months so all projects have come to a standstill.

I've been planning to build a TV unit for the living room for a long time but my ideas about how it's going to look keep on changing. Last week end we dismantled the old units and hung the new TV on the wall. So now we are in desperate need of the unit. Hopefully this will make me get around to making it quickly as we need the storage!! We have boxes of stuff all around the living room!!!!

The pic below is a PSed pic of my first ideas....



My newest ideas are to have it less bulky and a bit more streamlined. I think it looks better but obviously gives me less space for storage. Here it is in two different finishes. Excuse the quick Photoshopping!







I'm also working on some shelves for an alcove we have in the bedroom. Too messy to take a pic at the moment.

So, what do you think of my ideas for the TV unit?
The kids are back at school next week so work will (hopefully) start then!!!

:-)

2 comments:

amyoliver said...

Hello old friend!!!

Your plans look fab, I like the wood behind the telly. Have you thought about using IKEA kitchen units to construct? You could also use end panels for the wood behind. We are just looking at flat screens at the moment with a view to doing something similar. We plan to use the IKEA units to make it a quick and dirty job!
xx
AO

Peta said...

Thanks. I too thought about using ikea units but the alcove is too shallow. Maybe just the doors!
We'll probably do the all white option with the wood panelling behind the tv.
Hope to start AND finish it soon! I'm sick of the boxes in my living room!!!!
Peta
xx