Thursday 29 May 2008

DAY 1....

Was really more like "DAY 1/2" as Alessandro and Stefano (the workmen) came at about 2pm and left around 5pm. They put all their tools and some material in our garage (well, our rented garage which is in the building next door). Then we had a talk about how I want the bathroom and kitchen and I showed him on the internet the things that I've ordered. It seems that it's all possible, except he screwed up his face when he saw my lovely tiles!! I have ordered straight edge (non bevelled) tiles which I was hoping to have laid with out or with hardly any gap. According to him this isn't possible. I have to have a 2mm gap. I'm not convinced and will look into this later this evening. In the bathroom I actually don't mind the gap, but was hoping to have an almost steam line/seamless effect with the kitchen tiles. We'll see....

Then I had to go out and see Matteo do an end of year thing at school (one of the many that I have to attend in the next few days) and when I got back I had this to see -

Finally we have a shower door!! Yeah!! We can't use it until tomorrow morning as the silicone has to dry! Here's another (very similar) pic of the new doors!

Tomorrow morning the demolition begins! Not looking forward to all the dust and not having my washing machine, but am looking forward to getting rid of the old bathroom. Alex and Matteo (and I) have graffitied all over the tiles with those permanent pens! Alex got carried away yesterday and even wrote his name on the window frame. Luckily I got to it before it dried and managed to get it off. The windows are staying!!!

Looking forward to using the new shower tomorrow morning! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done getting through the first day! Look forward to seeing the photos. (Bobble from LE)

Peta said...

Tomorrow the real work starts - demolition day!! :(
Ciao!