Monday 16 June 2008

DAY 14....

This weekend was spent doing non house related things. Although Sunday evening I did have to make alot of space for my goodies that arrived this morning! Yeah!! The truck driver/delivery guy was really stroppy but that didn't matter! It was like Xmas!! Poor Alessandro and Stefano had to carry everything all the way down our drive way and up a flight of stairs to where the lift is, although not everything fitted in the lift so that meant another 2 flights of stairs! Anyway, this is what my dining room looks like at the moment....

Actually the bath has now been moved to the living room, which is also full of boxes! This morning I emptied and dismantled the lower part of the kitchen! Glad to see that go! But now we are without a kitchen! Take away pizza sounds good for this evening!

As expected things are taking longer than planned. I was hoping all would be finished (or nearly finished) by early next week as I'll have both boys home then!! This afternoon after 4 o'clock (you can't make noise from 2pm to 4pm) I'm going to take off the kitchen tiles. Then tomorrow Alessandro is going to start putting up the dropped ceiling. In the meantime Stefano is sanding the walls in the bathroom and making the support for the bath!

These are the tiles that I ordered for the bathroom floor which looked just like this in the showroom under the bright showroom lights....

And this is what they look like in the flesh!! When I opened the box I thought they were the wrong tiles! But it's not a problem as I actually like them even more!! They are a browny olivey grey colour if that makes sense.

No comments: