Friday 27 June 2008

DAY 24....

New day, new problem, well actually 2....

First problem - we couldn't find the drain for the sink! It was meant to be delivered the other week together with all the other stuff. And it's on the list that the delivery guy gave me which I also signed!! I should have checked all the stuff better.... So once again I had to go and visit Sandro at the bathroom showroom. Just as I arrive, a delivery guy walks into the shop and says to someone that there's a special delivery for Peta! Perfect timing!! My long awaited for taps (sink and bidet) have arrived!! Sandro also sneaked another sink drain into the bag with the taps. Sshh. Problem 1 solved!

Second problem - my lovely sink is attached to the wall and I don't really like the way you can see the supports. Originally I thought that they could be set right under the shelf parts of the sink but it wasn't possible. From above it's okay as you can't see them, but from far away or low down (eg. when you're in the bath or sitting on the loo) you can see them. Problem 2 NOT solved.

See the pics below....

Taken standing.

Taken sitting on the loo (on the closed seat that is!).

See what I mean? It's meant to be a floating sink. Do you think it's a problem, is it worth worrying about? Or is it fine as is? Here's another pic taken standing back.

In the kitchen walls have been sanded and given the first coat of white! The tiles have been brought up from the garage and tomorrow Stefano is going to start putting them up!

I still haven't decided about those pendant lights. I'm going to have a look on ebay....

p.s. 5 more sleeps (until kitchen arrives!)

4 comments:

Georgie said...

Totally understand your excitement at having a flushing loo! I think the sink looks great from all angles. The supports are shiny like the trap so they look right. I don't think the view from in the bath counts - you can see all sorts of pipework and unpleasantness under ours from that angle! ( I am a bit puzzled about your supports though - have just been to look upside down in our downstairs loo and our similarish but shelf-less sink doesn't have any visible supports. Presumably the shelf makes yours quite a bit heavier, and ours is built onto a false wall which supports the loo so it must be an entirely different system. )

Peta said...

Thanks Georgie!
It came with 2 big srcews which were meant to take the weight of the sink. But the wall is only quite thin and I was told by the workmen that it'd be risky using only the screws. In the shower room we too like you have no external supports as the wall is much more solid and the sink is smaller!
I could have bought different supports but they were sooo expensive... I wish i'd bought them now as these ones really bother me. I'm hoping no one else will notice them (fingers crossed).
Peta xx

Anonymous said...

The sink looks great and I agree with George the fact that the supports are shiny like the taps - better to be safe. Glad all worked out with the missing drain. Not long now before you can use your new bathroom. D

Peta said...

I'm still not convinced, but I've hung towels on them and it looks almost okay, i think....